Saturday 25 February 2017

Ahead of its time?


Dug this late 1970s Airfix 14xx out the other day. I recall it was one of my first weathering exercises around 1980 using airbrushing and dry brushing. I also added etched cabside plates.

The body with separate handrails and other detail was well ahead of its time for UK outline back then. I think it still looks pretty good. Sadly the chassis is quite the opposite, almost 40 years on it's s very much a non-runner. Might be worth putting something else under there from Comet or High Level in due course.

Here is the little locomotive posed on Brew Street, my recent 'nano' layout.

Above photo grabbed on the new (ish) iPhone 7, click on it for a bigger version.

1 comment:

  1. Spooky - https://albionyard.wordpress.com/2017/02/17/eighties-body-snatcher-throwback/

    ReplyDelete

All posts will be approved before they go live, posts from spammers will be deleted and marked as spam.